Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Time!

When I was a young girl, Easter was all about the shoes and the purse. Oh, and the white gloves. We lived at 985 Manresa Lane and our next door neighbor, the tall girl in the middle, was Lisa Krah, and she rocked. When the neighbor kids all gathered to play cowboys and Indians, Lisa got to be Miss Kitty. She was our idol and I wanted to be like her in every way.
From the left is Cathy, me, Lisa, Linda and Beth.
We loved holidays and getting dressed up, usually in matching outfits made from material my mom must have gotten on a big discount. Sorry mom. At least it never looked like the drapes...

Nowadays, it's all about the sprinkles...goodbye patent leather shoes...hello Williams-Sonoma!

And candy melts, in a variety of colors...



And cake balls in the shape of Easter eggs, baby. Yum, yum. Although, I have to tell you, that there are SO many more creative people out there. http://www.bakerella.com/ is the Queen. I totally bow to her. Every Monday morning I go to her site to see what magic she has created. She's on a completely different level.

But I have been busy and doing good stuff. This week it's 11 dozen cake balls in a variety of flavors and lots of colors. Primarily white, yellow, pink and purple. For Easter.

A little different from when I was a kid, but good nonetheless.
Maybe I will break out those white shoes.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment