Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Wearing of The Green

Grandma Mueller with grand-daughters
from Left: Beth, Ginger, Cathy and Linda


Once again, it's March 17th and everyone wants to believe they have at least a wee bit of Irish in them. My grandmother, Gertrude Hennessy Mueller, came from a line of Hennessy's and McGowen's who hailed the mother-land of Ireland, and eventually ended up in St. Louis, MO. I know this because my dad told me, although I don't recall much about my grandmother, other than what I see in old photos of her. She passed away when I was just a small girl and I'm sad that I did not get to know her.
I thank Grandma Mueller for our Irish heritage.
So, here we are and no, I will not be making corned beef and cabbage nor do I enjoy Guinness as do my father and my brother-in-law, Joe, although some of us question Joe's ability to drink that horrid gruel...we think he does it to bond with dad, but nevertheless, they drink it.
No, my celebration of St. Paddy's Day is limited to creations with eggs, butter and powdered sugar, and the recepients of these delights will be the folks Mr. Man works with on a daily basis.
I'm loading him up tomorrow with several goodies....
White cake balls covered with mint and drizzled with bittersweet chocolate:
Mini bundt cakes,

and giant-sized sugar cookies in the shape of Shamrocks. Yes, these are the cookie cutters I drove all over Dallas to find...



HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to all the Irish and all of you who wish you were!






No comments:

Post a Comment