Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Secrets

Secrets…don’t you love them?

I have many secrets that will go to the grave with me; things that I’ll never share with anyone, like how I make my incredible chocolate chip cookies although everyone in the free world has access to the same recipe. That secret is mine to keep and I spent years mastering the art of the perfect chocolate chip cookie and it’s totally okay that I don’t share. I can live with that.

But, there are some secrets that just must be shared.

Like when your daughter tells you that she is expecting her first baby and you are going to be a grandma for the first time, but promise not to mention it to anyone at all until she can tell her dad, but you just about explode with excitement and have to share it with your friends….that kind of secret is meant to be shared.

I have one of those secrets.

For Valentine’s Day, Mr. Man gave me a new KitchenAid mixer and two cooking classes at Sur La Table. For those of you unfamiliar with Sur La Table, it is possibly the best cooking/baking retail store in the Dallas area. They have everything and I mean everything there.

The classes were okay but it’s what I was exposed to during my Cooking with Eggs class that really sent me into a tizzy.

This…
Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste

This is by far the most incredible food item in the world, or at least it is for now. One little dab of it on my finger tip almost sent me running through the store to grab a bottle. Everyone else in the class….ho hum. They were nonplussed about it. Are you kidding me? This stuff is spectacular.

I’ll admit that it is pricey; $10.95 for a 4 fluid ounce bottle, but worth it for special occasions or certain desserts like crème brûlée, cheesecake or poundcake.
Deelish!
Okay, so maybe some of you have known about it and you are quite possibly laughing at me. Laugh away. I'll still believe that I have opened your eyes to something wonderful and will rest well tonight believing that I have enlightened so many.
Bake on...

No comments:

Post a Comment