Saturday, February 6, 2010

Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend...

But of course they are...well, CC is my BFF, but I do love jewelry and especially love jewelry that sparkles and shines and is displayed in pretty glass cases and shown by especially nice people, don't you?

In our little community we are fortunate to have a specialty jewelry store, The Diamond Jewelry Company, that happens to be owned by the nicest people, Royce and Suzanne. http://www.thediamondjewelryco.com

Years ago I treated myself to a gift of gorgeous diamond stud earrings and I purchased them here - that is when I began to fall in love with shiny things and every once in a while I would stop by to get them cleaned and just to look at everything.My friend, Kathy, used to work there so naturally, I would pop on over and try on this, look at that and just enjoy myself. Later on, before Mr. Man popped the big question, I would take my earrings over for a cleaning and just happen to ease on over to the "other" side of the display case where, oooohhhh, look at that...what are those engagement rings doing over here? Now, I just wonder how would that look on my short-stubby-spent-too-much-time-in-dishwater-hands? Ummm...diamonds just make everything better, don't they?

The Consultants, Kathy, Royce and Suzanne, were always so agreeable and let me try on whatever I wanted, never pushing me and just being so nice. I spent a lot of time and a good chunk of my children's inheritance there.

Kathy is now with Homeland Security, protecting our country, but here's a picture of Royce and Suzanne.

And yes, they are as nice as they look in that picture.
So, a couple of weeks ago I ran on over to get my wedding ring cleaned and while that baby was being steamed had a nice chat with Royce and Suzanne and asked if they would consider donating a piece of jewelry for a Silent Auction/Fundraising Dinner that will be held in May, for the God Cares School in Uganda. Naturally, being the super-nice people they are, and probably knowing they would never get rid of me if they didn't comply, they agreed. During the course of the conversation they shared with me that they had purchased the store from the previous owners and their Grand Opening was going to be held on February 4th.


What a great opportunity for me to do something nice for the people who are always so nice to me. So on Wednesday I baked up a bunch of yummy cookies and took a big tray over so they could serve them with wine and champagne at their Grand Opening.



If you find yourself in need of a little pick-me-up, because yes, it does help, stop by The Diamond Jewelry Company and ask to try on a few things. You will fall in love and sometimes a piece of jewelry is just what the doctor ordered.
Congratulations Royce and Suzanne! I wish you many years of success as you serve our community and make many women very happy.
The Diamond Jewelry Company, 820 S. MacArthur Blvd, Suite 155, Coppell, Texas 972.956.9111 You can also find them on the web at: http://www.thediamondjewelryco.com


No comments:

Post a Comment