Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Life's Wonderful Moments

Mr. Man and I were very fortunate this past Christmas to have both of my children visit and stay with us at the same time over the holiday.  Our home was going to be full of life and we were both looking forward with anticipation to the noise and excitement that comes with being surrounded by people we love.

Plus, our grandson, Jacob was going to be here and of course everything is much more fun with a grandchild in the house.

Everyone arrive the afternoon of December 28th and after the hugging, unpacking and settling in, it was time to start thinking about dinner and preparing a great meal to share with the family.  I thought it would be fun to make ravioli and spaghetti so Chef Jackie and I commenced to do just that.

For me, it was one of my favorite times of the week.  You see, 20 something years ago, in the midst of the craziness that was then my life, I would have never imagined things would have turned out so well for me.  But, here I was.

In my beautiful home, married to a truly wonderful, patient, caring and loving man, both of my adult children married to kind, loving and thoughtful people, with a healthy, bright and delightful grandson.  All of us together enjoying the company of one another.

In that very moment I just soaked it all in and paused to reflect on how much God has blessed my life.  Even during the times that I thought were so dark and unbearable, He had a plan for me and it was my job just to get out of the way and let it happen.I'm so fortunate that I did just that. 

Okay, well, maybe I wasn't as patient as I make myself out to be, but it did all work out.


 Our meal was delicious and Chef Jackie learned how to make pasta mother-in-law style.


 We made a great team and a lot of ravioli!

This is my favorite photo of the night.  Me with both of my girls, in the kitchen.

This was a great moment in my life and one I'll treasure always.

No comments:

Post a Comment