Monday, May 10, 2010

Goofy Boys and Dinosaurs

This adorable goofball is my nephew and he is turning 7 on May 17th.
At my sister's request I'm sending sugar cookies for him to take to school. I'll use the sugar cookie recipe that has been posted on this site.

Select the colors you want to use - I went with more traditional 'boy' colors like brown, copper, red and green, and using Royal Icing outlined the shapes. Allow the outline to 'set' and then thin it by adding water, 1/2 tsp. at a time, until the consistency is smooth and not too runny.

Spoon the thinned down icing into a disposable pastry bag, snip the end and 'fill in' the outline.
While the icing is still moist, sprinkle colored sanding sugar all over. For the copper colored icing I used white sanding sugar and with the brown icing I opted for "Sugar In The Raw" which has more of a brown tint to it.

Allow the cookies to dry overnight and then for party favors put them in individual bags and tie with a small piece of twine.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!

2 comments:

  1. I assume that, since you've been making a ton of sugar cookies lately, you might have some left over for Memorial Weekend? Or maybe you have a new cookie/cake recipe you absolutely MUST try out, and need two New Yorkers to taste-test...I submit our official application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie dear, you just let me know what you and The Boy want and I will bake it. Today I made a cake for 65 people and I am now super tired. Wow...no way am I going to do wedding cakes! Counting down the days till I see you two. Love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete