Sunday, January 17, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

What are the things that you just can't pass up, no matter how much you try? We all have them, those little guilty pleasures.

You leave the house, telling yourself that no matter what, you are not spending a dime. I mean nothing, no matter what. You get in the car, pull out of the driveway with the very best of intentions about not bringing anything home.

Is it purses? Shoes? Maybe it's jewelry?

For me, it's sprinkles. I love sprinkles. All shapes, all sizes. I see them lined up on the shelves, all bright and shiny and they come in so many shapes and sizes; I just can't resist. Somehow, they find themselves in my hands and next thing you know I'm heading home, giddy with delight.

Especially these shiny, round beautiful little dragees, just like little pearls.


Aren't they beautiful. I do worry that they could take out a tooth or two, but that doesn't stop me from bringing these gorgeous little darlings home.

This past Fall I saw these precious little leaves and just had to have them,

And then I ordered the exact same type, only larger, and perfect for the top of cake balls and petit fours.

These little Gingerbread guys....aren't they cute? I mean how in the world do you resist?



They are just waiting in the container and so very hopeful they will soon top chocolate cupcakes or be sprinkled all over fluffy icing on top of a cake.

And now my favorite baking holiday, Valentine's Day. I just love these little hearts and have them in all sizes.



Whenever I go to Cake Carasoul, Michael's, Hobby Lobby or JoAnne Fabrics, I quickly head to the baking section, take a look to see what new Sprinkles have arrived, all the while telling myself that no, you are not going to buy anything, you have more than enough at home. Just stop, back away from the shelf, and walk away.
But it just doesn't work. The Sprinkles win, every time.



Now I have an entire drawer just for sprinkles of all shapes, sizes and colors.


Aren't they beautiful?
You ought to see my collection of cupcake liners.

1 comment: