Monday, February 21, 2011

Life

In my mind I've written about 10 blog posts over the course of the last 4 weeks, but haven't found the time to actually sit down and do anything about it.  Does that ever happen to you?  That running list in your mind goes on and on and when you have a few minutes to do what you feel you really need to do, you stop and whoosh...it's gone.  Just gone from your mind.

I feel as if it's happening to me more and more.

So, here's the highlights from the last few weeks:

  • Honey Girl scheduled her C-Section. Granddaughter will arrive March 29th. (this one trumps everything else)
  • Had classes on bread, pastry dough and custards.  No major failures
  • Have participated in 2 Brunches at school; 1 more to go (for this semester)
  • Baked and shipped decorated heart shaped sugar cookies all over the country to squeals of delight and surprise, which is really cool and fun
  • Lost my mind in class and called the Chef Instructor "Dude"
  • Learned not to the call the Chef Instructor "Dude," no matter what he is doing to my pastry
  • Tested and found a Red Velvet cake recipe that rocks
  • Successfully made Italian Meringue at home
  • Rode over 200 miles in 3 days on my trainer and am ever so grateful to Mr. Man for Netflix
  • Have come to the realization that my dreaming about baking means I need to really do something with this passion
  • Have to figure out how to not freak out about following my passion
Some days it's overwhelming, some days is manageable.  No one pushes me harder than I push myself and no one ever will.

There's a lot going on but isn't that what life is about?  Learning, growing, risking, evolving and becoming the very best version of you that you can be?

No comments:

Post a Comment