Sunday, December 5, 2010

New York New York!

This year Mr. Man and I decided that we would take advantage of Steve and Jackie living in NYC and visit them for the Thanksgiving holiday.

The city did not disappoint.

We arrived on Saturday, the 20th, and from the moment we arrived it was a non-stop week of sightseeing and visiting bakeries and coffee shops to locate the best pastries and espressos the Big Apple has to offer.

 Steve and Jackie outside their Upper East Side apartment building.

On Saturday night we headed out to Little Italy for dinner and I was star struck by the pastries in this little bakery.


Aren't they gorgeous?  Not sure if I'll learn how to do this in school, but I'm keeping these photos to use as a guide when I have time to play around in the kitchen.
 Each one is a work of art.

The macarons are next on my list of things to learn to bake.  Not only are they beautiful, they are absolutely delicious.  Time consuming, yes, which translates to pricey. But, believe me, worth every penny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment